City of Dayton Memorandum
TO: Mayor and Council
FROM: Michael Giffen, City Administrator
RE: Weekly Report
DATE: March 22, 2019
Mayor Baker and I met for several hours with developers of the Gateway Apartment Complex at Manhattan Harbour. These developers are proposing three new development projects along the river. The Stage I plans will be presented to the City’s Planning and Zoning Board on April 3rd with a tentative meeting schedule for April 17th as well in case all the material cannot be covered in one evening. These projects will be a game changer for the development and will cover a large portion of the Manahttan Harbour project site. I encourage all of you to attend if you are able to make it as the Planning and Zoning meetings will be your only opportunity to ask questions of the developers and make public comment.
A few of the Council members met with administration to discuss public storm water issues and long-term concerns and how we might be able to work with the Sanitation District No. 1 to identify cooperative solutions moving forward to ensure these problem areas can be addressed.
Rick Lucas and I met the Northern Kentucky Water Department for a pre-construction meeting to discuss their Spring/Summer project on Ervin Terrace. NKY Water will be putting in a new water line, which is long overdue. Rick also met with SD1 about their Spring/Summer project on Belmont near Ervin Terrace. They plan on putting in a new line as well.
Finally, Ben and I met to discuss a potential second option for our new city building. We are waiting for additional information to come back, which we hope to have to report on by the next Council meeting.
- Manhattan Harbour:
- Plans for 3 new projects have been submitted to the Planning and Zoning Staff at Campbell County. We are working on setting a public meeting on April 3rd and possibly a second meeting on April 17th to cover the material. The meetings will be held at 7pm at the School Admin. Building.
- Riverfront Commons (Construction Phase):
- Work is scheduled to begin as soon as weather permits.
- Sidewalk Improvement Project (Design Phase):
- Nothing new to report
- New City Building Project
- Waiting on some information to come back so we can report to Council.
April Council Meeting Topics (Tentative)
- 2018 Financial Audit
- Abolishing Tree Board – Hasn’t been active for 10+ years.
- Amending the Civil Fine Schedule for Garbage – amount is being lowered
- Amend FY 2019 Budget
Michael Giffen City Administrator