City of Dayton Memorandum
TO: Mayor and Council
FROM: City Administrator, Michael Giffen
RE: Weekly Report
DATE: January 25, 2019
The City has released its Request for Proposal seeking general banking services.
Ben and I received some updates from the Developers of the Gateway project. We met face-to-face to review some proposed designs of a new project they are looking to start in 2019. It appears they are getting closer to submitting their plans to our Planning and Zoning Board for review. I will be sure to continue to give you updates as we get closer to that time.
Banking Service bids are due to the City next Friday February 1st. I will not be brining this forward at the February Council meeting as I will not have had time to review in appropriate manner. I will submit a report in advance of the March meeting.
I will be out of the office next week so please direct any questions related to the upcoming Council meeting to other staff members as I will have limited access to my email.
- Manhattan Harbour:
- Nothing new to report. In total, 344 units are under construction, 74 of which should be completed this year. The developers of the Gateway Apartment project are hoping to start construction on another project sometime in 2019.
- Riverfront Commons (Construction Phase):
- The contract with Prus has been finalized and we are scheduling a pre-construction meeting in the coming weeks. By then we should have a projected start date, weather pending, obviously.
- Sidewalk Improvement Project (Design Phase):
- Drawing up contracts for ROW phase with Dunrobin Associates.
- New City Building Project
- Nothing new to report.
February Council Meeting Topics (Tentative)
- Adopt 2018 International Property Maintenance Code
- Amend Alcohol License Fee – Corrects a typo
- Amend deadlines for Code Enforcement Proceedings – Changing response time from 7 to 10 days
- Text Amendment – We would like for the Planning and Zoning Board to review language for drive-through businesses in all commercial zones of the city.
Main Street – January 29th City Council – February 5th Planning and Zoning – February 6th