Dayton Main Street Advisory Board
Dayton Main Street Advisory Board Meeting
August 29, 2017
Former YMCA Teen Center, Dayton, Kentucky
625 2nd Ave, Dayton, KY 41074
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Introductions/Recognition of Guests
- Jim Guthrie, Principal at Hub Weber Architects, President Renaissance Covington, etc.
- Approval of Previous Meeting’s Minutes
- Director’s Report
- Old Business
- Update of 2017 Main Street Projects:
- Nano Grants
- High School Band Concert Scheduled for October 21
- Vine Street Block Party Schedule for October 14
- Update on Streetscape Project: GRW has engaged on project.
- TreeDevelop Dayton: Tree Planting for October 14 – need help in getting people to sign up for trees. Also, will be used to plant trees at Gil Lynn and Clark Street parks.
- Day10: Working on a fund raising meal with Kelly Herbert – entertainment, with a Beans & Cornbread meal. Organizations can sell tickets to the event and the proceeds of the event will go to the organizations/projects that sell the tickets.
- New Business
- TAP Grant for Benches, Trash Cans, Bike Racks along TANK Route #12, and sharrows along KY 8
- Campbell County Environmental Stewardship Grant for Vine Street Park: Trees and butterfly garden
- Committee Reports
- Promotion: Rebranding Dayton Main Street – put committee together to examine the issue.
- Economic Vitality: Day10 Project -Kelly Herbert
- Organization: Committee to examine possibility of becoming a 501c3 organization.
- Beautification/Design: Help getting the word out about trees
- Next Meeting: October 24th, 2017 at 7:00 PM (Change from normal last Tuesday of the Month, which would be Halloween.)