If someone asked why you think Dayton KY is a great place to live, what would you tell them? When you have visitors, what do you show them around town? Can you tell your story of Dayton KY in a minute? Here’s your chance!
The “Take A Look @ Dayton KY” project is looking for your videos that show why you’re proud of our city, as seen through your eyes. Thanks to a $250 Nano Grant from Skyward and The Center for Great Neighborhoods, anyone can compete for cash prizes and the recognition and thanks of your fellow citizens. These videos will be used to promote Dayton KY to the region and beyond. The aim of the Skyward NKY Nano Grant Pilot Program is to support creative place-making projects created by local residents, students, or workers that bring Northern Kentuckians together, build a sense of community, celebrate our differences, and foster community pride. Here’s how to participate:
- Videos can show anything about why you believe our city is a great place. An interview, a slide show, or a video showing what you think are positive spots or events around town.
- Use your imagination, and your video camera or cell phone, as any format will be welcome.
- Grand Prize award is $125, 2nd Prize $75, 3rd Prize $50. Winners will be announced in late September.
- Entries will be judged on the message, not on production quality.
- Everyone is welcome to submit, and you can even submit multiple entries. And we’ll share the entries online, so yours could even “go viral”!
Deadline to submit is Sunday September 18th. We’re still working out details on how to send your video entries, instructions will be published here in the September edition of Dayton Community News. That gives you time to create and fine-tune your entry.
So over the next few weeks, start creating your video message showing us YOUR appreciation of what it’s like to live here in Dayton KY. And if you have kids, encourage them to help or create their video on their own (no age limits to entries). They see our city differently, and their perspective might just open many adult eyes too. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or call/text 859-468-0133. This should be fun!